Today’s post comes from Samantha Lisowski, Social Media Intern at Lippe Taylor.
Internships are essential to discover what you’re looking for in your career path. Not to mention, they’re excellent experience in a professional environment and provide future networking opportunities. Here are five tips to make the most of your internship:
- Everything is a learning opportunity. Whether you like or dislike a task, embrace it and understand everything is designed to teach you a lesson.
- Be proactive. Don’t wait to be told what to do. Go after a task you want to learn more about or create something that you know will be beneficial to the team.
- Act with the utmost professionalism. Stick to the guidelines that were given to you in the beginning of your internship, and arrive on time every day.
- Your internship is an ongoing interview. Whatever you do will be a testimony to your character as an employee. While we all make mistakes, it’s important to show that you’re growing and listening to feedback.
- Ask questions, but not before trying to find the answer on your own. While your team will always be happy to clarify any uncertainties, they’re often busy. By showing you can think critically and solve problems, you and your team will feel more confident about your work.